* About Day for Night
We take your privacy very seriously. We are committed to protecting the personal data that we hold and use about you and to respecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains how we collect and use personal information you provide to us in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). However, if you require more information about the personal data that we hold or the way that we use it, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Updates to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice. Any updates will be published on this page.
* Information you provide to use and how we use it
We may collect personal information from in the following ways:
- Signing up to our mailing lists: in order to keep informed of different areas of our work and news of our events, you can sign up to receive our e-newsletters on our website and at our events
- Purchasing tickets for screenings or events: when you purchase a ticket for one of our screenings or events, you may consent to receiving newsletters from us about our events
- Purchasing products via our website: when you purchase a product form our online store, we collect your purchase and payment details in order to fulfill the transaction
- If you contact us (eg. with a query): we may hold your contact details in order to respond to your query, to improve our services and keep a record of our relationship with you
- Feedback forms at our events: you may provide us with personal data on feedback forms given to you at our events. All information will be held in the strictest confidence and will only be used for the purposes on monitoring and evaluating our events. You may also sign up to receive our newsletters on the same form
- Social media platforms: if you choose to interact with Day for Night via any one of our social media platforms or other third party service, we may collect the information you have provided to us through that platform
The information you provide to use will only be used to:
- manage our accounts and records in the case of purchases, suppliers and clients
- deal with your enquiries and requests
- send communications in relation to purchases
- send e-newsletters relating to us, our events and other events from our partners that we think may be of interest (listed in our ‘Other news/’From our partners’ section)
- evaluate our events with the purpose of improving our events and services offered
We will only hold and use your data in the ways in which you have given us consent to do so. You may withdraw your consent at any time. If you wish to update your preferences or unsubscribe to our e-newsletters, you can do so here.
* E-mail Newsletters
We will only send you e-mail newsletters if you have chosen to receive such communications from us. We generally send one e-mail per month, but at certain times, particularly in relation to certain events, we may send e-mails more frequently to keep you informed of current and ongoing events, our film festival events in particular. We send different newsletters with regard to the different areas of our work. You can choose which newsletters you wish to receive on our newsletter signup page. You have the option to update your preferences and unsubscribe from our email newsletters at any time. We do not share your email address with any third parties.
* Third Parties
– Sharing information with third parties: we do not share your details with any third parties except in the following circumstances:
i) If you are a supplier or client, strictly for the purposes of accounting and banking only
ii) If you purchase a product from our online store, we use PayPal, a third party payment method
iv) We may use third party ticketing services such as Billetto and Eventbrite for selling tIckets to our events. Your personal information held through these platforms will also be subject to their privacy policies
v) We may use social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube. If you use such services, you should review their privacy policies for more information on how they handle your personal information
* Keeping your information secure
We take the utmost precautions in keeping your data in a secure environment. Only our staff and appointed data processors required for specific tasks will have access to your information, and will be subject to internal confidentiality regulations.
If in the future we re-brand, re-organise or transfer all or part of our business, we may need to transfer your information to new Day for Night entities or to third parties through which the business of Day for Night will be carried out.
* Contact us
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to us about how hold and process your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. You can contact the ICO: https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
This privacy notice was last updated on 23rd May 2018